This Page

has been moved to new address

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies| Post stress-cation baking

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sugar Bowl Mix: Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies| Post stress-cation baking

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies| Post stress-cation baking

I returned from a major stress-cation two days ago. I'll write about my stress-cation once I've had some time to reflect on it and wrap my head around it. Let's just say that taking a five-hour plane ride to participate in the all-in-the-family Christmas get together isn't wise. There's a reason I've only done it one other time in the past eight years.

The relief of returning home quickly dissipated when we opened the door and breathed in a whiff of the decomposing contents of the refrigerator that had broken five days earlier. Cleaning out the fridge was a revolting ordeal. But fear not! I had a rag-as-mask, princess-shoe-wearing six-year-old to help me mop and scrub the rotten food juice that had leaked all over the floor and under the fridge!


This afternoon, with the girls watching Snow White, I finally had some much needed me-time and I dug into one of my new present-from-hubby-cookbooks: Chewy, Gooey, Crispy, Crunchy Melt-In-Your-Mouth-Cookies by Alice Medrich. I made the Oatmeal Cookie but my stress-cation demanded  chocolate chips instead of walnuts and raisins. And with chocolate chips I left out the cinnamon and nutmeg.

Find the recipe here.

What do you do to decompress after stressful times?

post signature

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home