This Page

has been moved to new address

Consumed by stuff

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sugar Bowl Mix: Consumed by stuff

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Consumed by stuff

We're contemplating a move at some point in the next year.

"Can we take all our stuff if we move?" was the first thing Katherine said when we told her and Caroline.

"Of course," I said, quickly reassuring her. But now, trying to sort through our stuff in preparation for a pre-move garage sale, I realize that no, we will not be taking all our stuff. Not even close to all our stuff.

I'm a neat freak. I like things put away. But I'm not organized. So on closer inspection of our stuff I made some frightening discoveries.

Like this drawer that is supposed to hold coloring books but now has random papers, stickers, a lone sandal and a shirt.



Or this drawer in Katherine's room. It has various baby lotions left over from the dresser's previous life as a changing table eight years ago, as well as random stuff like Ariel pictures, a headband that never fit and letters.


Or this horse barn in Caroline's room. I'm pretty sure there's not a single horse in there.



Or this catch-all bin and charging station in the kitchen. A purse, swim goggles, crayons - and that's only what's on top.



It's official. I'm consumed by disorganized stuff!

How do you organize all your random stuff? What systems do you have for controlling it and making sure things are put away where they belong?

post signature

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At September 21, 2010 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

Still not organized, no matter what I try! :(

Following from Tuesday Tagalong!

Kristin
Keenly Kristin

 
At September 21, 2010 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My random stuff looks a lot like yours. We have several drawers dedicated to holding stuff.

 
At September 21, 2010 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I unfortunately don't have any advice for you b/c I have lots of random stuff too. ;) Thanks so much for the visit today!

 
At September 21, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Hanna said...

I'm your newest follower from the Tuesday blog hop! Lovely BLog!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

 
At September 21, 2010 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Dawn Lopez said...

I have a tip! Keep that drawer closed, lol! Sorry can't be of much help! We are visiting and following from Tuesday Tag Along! Hope you will visit us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com

=)

Dawn & Raphael

 
At November 8, 2010 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Liz said...

On the off-chance i do go through the piles, it is a pretty great feeling of accomplishment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home