This Page

has been moved to new address

Double dark chocolate cookies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sugar Bowl Mix: Double dark chocolate cookies

Monday, November 1, 2010

Double dark chocolate cookies



Because I'm on a dark chocolate kick after my guest post on The Caffeinated Globe I'm continuing the dark chocolate theme and because I forgot that this would go up the day after Halloween when everyone has probably had their fill of chocolate for the entire year.

Dark chocolate cookies with dark chocolate chips, inspired by Martha Stewart's Outrageous cookies. Outrageously good.

Ingredients

8 ounces dark chocolate (I use Trader Joe's Pound Plus 72% cocoa)
4 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces dark chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chips)



Directions

Melt the chocolate in the microwave. I melt it for two minutes at half power. Add the butter and zap again for another minute at half power. Mix together and set aside to cool slightly.


Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.


Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy. This will take two or three minutes.

Pour the chocolate into the egg mixture and beat it slowly.



Beat in the flour mixture slowly. The cookie batter will look like this.


Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop by the tablespoon onto a cookie sheet. I like to drop the batter directly onto parchment paper.


Bake at 350 degrees for seven to eight minutes until the cookies are shiny and crackly but still soft in the middle.

Cool on the sheet for three or four minutes before removing the cookies to a cooling rack.


This will make 48 cookies.



Enjoy!

Find the recipe to print here.


post signature


This post is participating in

Photobucket

Weekend Bloggy Reading

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At November 1, 2010 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Liz said...

Oh my goodness - that is positively sinful!

 
At November 1, 2010 at 5:51 PM , Blogger One Photo said...

I don't like cookies but these are more like brownies disguised as cookies and I think I would really like them! I also love Martha Stewart's recipes and her cupcakes are to die for.

 
At November 1, 2010 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, I am a new follower. Great blog you have here. I am looking forward to your posts. Please stop by and follow me back if you would. Have a great week!
Alissia
http://tips4green.blogspot.com

 
At November 1, 2010 at 8:16 PM , Blogger January Asia said...

Oh Anne. You are so lovely, so kind. We are so proud to be written about, again, on your blog. And we are so proud to have you as our guest blogger.

 
At November 4, 2010 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

YUM! That just looks too good! I'm a new follower!!

Gloria
http://healthyfoodideas.blogspot.com/

 
At November 5, 2010 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

One word - YUM!

 
At November 5, 2010 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Mrs Mary Joy Pershing said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! Those look amazing! I am drooling you hear! Drooling! LOL

You are an amazing baker! I bow to the chocolate baking master! :D

Blessings!

Mary Joy

visiting from Amanda's.

 
At November 6, 2010 at 4:28 AM , Blogger Paula@SweetPea said...

Oh my! These look so good!

 
At November 7, 2010 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Oh my word!!! Those look amazing. My SIL made some dark chocolate cookies from a Pillsbury (?) mix on Friday that were delicious. I was trying to think if perhaps a non-box variety recipe might be available, and I think I just found a good one. ;) Thanks so much for linking up to my party. Sorry for the delayed comment--it's been a long weekend. ;)

 
At November 14, 2010 at 4:06 PM , Blogger BlogStarr said...

HI! Found you on Over 40 Follow Friday! I love dark chocolate and cannot wait to try these cookies!!! Yum! Thanks for sharing! Following your site now as well!
Christine
http://starrzz.com/blogstarr

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home