This Page

has been moved to new address

Homemade peanut butter cups: The ultimate Thanksgiving treat

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sugar Bowl Mix: Homemade peanut butter cups: The ultimate Thanksgiving treat

Monday, November 22, 2010

Homemade peanut butter cups: The ultimate Thanksgiving treat


These homemade peanut butter cups are perfect as a hostess gift at a Thanksgiving dinner. At your own Thanksgiving meal they can also be the perfect alternative to the pumpkin pie that many people don't really like but feel obliged to eat.

I adapted the recipe from Have Cake Will Travel. My version uses dark chocolate and brown sugar.

Extraordinarily delicious, easy to make and requiring no baking, these are the ultimate Thanksgiving treat.

Ingredients
9 oz dark chocolate (I use 72% dark cocoa)
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons graham crackers
2 pinches of salt

Directions
Melt the chocolate in the microwave (I melt it for 3 minutes at 50% power) or, you can melt it in the double boiler. Add the 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, a pinch of salt and mix it well.


Line muffin tins with 12 cupcake paper liners. Spoon 2 teaspoons of the melted chocolate mixture into each liner, pressing the chocolate up against the sides as you go. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, make your own graham cracker crumbs by crushing graham crackers in the blender or by hand with a spoon.


Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the peanut butter, brown sugar and pinch of salt. Mix it well.

When the chocolate is hard, spoon 1 tablespoon of peanut butter mixture into each paper liner, pressing it flat as you go.


Add an additional 2 teaspoons of chocolate to each cup, spreading the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter.


Place in the refrigerator for an hour before indulging!

Enjoy.

The recipe to print can be found here.


post signature

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At November 22, 2010 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

Anne I have to feature your blog and your recipes in the Nestwork! Thank you for your concern. Thank you Kasey for your concern. My mom is not well and it is really hurting me so much to see her this way. I appreciate your support. Have a good day! You should stop by and enter my giveaway. I never do them, but this ornament one was really cute! I think you might like it!

Mama Hen

 
At November 22, 2010 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

I forgot to say that these look delicious!

Mama Hen

 
At November 22, 2010 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

Oh I am so out of it Anne! I have gotten distracted and I came back and wrote Kasey even though I knew I was on your site. Forgive me. My daughter called me and when I came back I just continued as a scatter brain. I am trying to thank every one and I am helping my mom and taing care of my daughter and I am running on empty! Sorry!

Mama Hen

 
At November 22, 2010 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Liz said...

i had no idea you could make your own peanut butter cups! i'm bookmarking this page to come back after my in-laws' visit.

i'm going to stumble it, too.

 
At November 23, 2010 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Sofia's Ideas said...

Well, hello, yummy delicious goodness! Lol! :)
Fantastic pics - makes me wanna eat the screen!

I'm now following you through the Totally Tuesday Blog Hop. I hope you'll do the same! You can find me @ http://sofiasideas.com/

Sofia's Ideas

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home