This Page

has been moved to new address

#BlogBoycottDay

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sugar Bowl Mix: #BlogBoycottDay

Friday, November 12, 2010

#BlogBoycottDay

So yesterday I went to the zoo with the girls and a friend and her child. The kids were so excited running from exhibit to exhibit. It all disintigrated thirty-five minutes into our visit when my friend's child started demanding popcorn and Katherine decided she was going to die, did you hear me? DIE, if she didn't eat immediately.

So we lined up at one of the zoo's eateries and ordered $7 per slice pizzas and a purple drink that came in the shape of a lion and we didn't get the cheetah head that came with total junk food inside it. We sat down in front of the Okapi exhibit where two adorable babies were running around to lots of "oohs" and "aahhs." Caroline ate her entire slice of pepperoni pizza and guzzled three little bottles of water.

After lunch we slowly started to make our way back to the entrance, stopping to see glimpses of the snow leopards, the hippo peeing in the water, the lemur peeing and some amazingly strange goat animal with fabulous spiral horns. That's when Caroline started to say she was SO tired. She couldn't walk all the way back to the front of the zoo.

We did walk all the way back to the front. The girls sat down in the shade outside the zoo entrancce so Caroline could rest. Quite suddenly, she stood up, spread her legs wide, leaned over and vomited everywhere. The entire slice of pizza, all three bottles of water. Right there on the pavement in front of the Los Angeles Zoo.

Katherine ran away with cries of "EEEEEWWW" and "I'm really grossed out!"

All of this to say that today I am home with poor tummy-virussy-Caroline who had another episode last night.

SO I am taking a day off blogging, reading and commenting to participate in Liz's (a belle a bean & a chicago dog) BlogBoycottDay (and tend to Caroline).

Meet me on Twitter, tweeps:  @sugarbowlmix.






post signature

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At November 12, 2010 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
Have a nice day!

 
At November 13, 2010 at 11:42 AM , Blogger mypixieblog said...

I'm so sorry to hear Carloine isn't feeling well :( That's a sad way to end what sounds like an otherwise great day at the zoo. But sometimes you just need a day or two off from blogging to tend to other more pressing concerns.

I just wanted to thank you so much for stopping by on my SITS day and for leaving such a sweet comment. I'm also sorry it's taken me a while to make my rounds, but sometimes I don't know where the time goes. I'm happy to hear you have found yourself such a beautiful happy ending, and I hope one day to have the kind of relationship you have with your hubby :)

Best wishes always, ~*charlotte :o)

 
At November 13, 2010 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

I hope she feels better soon. That is tough when our little ones have an icky tummy! I hope you can rest yourself and have a good weekend!

Mama Hen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home