This Page

has been moved to new address

Hollywood premieres to cloth diapers and underpants

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sugar Bowl Mix: Hollywood premieres to cloth diapers and underpants

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hollywood premieres to cloth diapers and underpants

At one point in my life I used to go to Hollywood premieres on a regular basis. I saw a lot of movies for free that way and ate late dinners while milling through crowds of celebrities and other film industry executives.


My life has changed a lot since then.

Last week a friend and her son were over for dinner. In my effort to retain some kind of elegance amidst my general chaos I grabbed a linen napkin from the napkin drawer to line the bowl to hold the chicken tacos. As I was carrying the bowl  to the table I noticed the tacos were elegantly nestled in a cloth diaper.


In my haste I had apparently opened the rag drawer, not the linen napkin drawer. My friend was so amused she told me I had to leave the tacos in the diaper for dinner.

A few weeks ago the chain that turns Katherine's bedside lamp on broke off and was lost. So I took a pair of her underpants - clean ones - and unscrewed the lightbulb to turn off the lamp. This works well. I don't burn my hands and the light gets turned on and off.


For now I'm not going to fix the lamp or replace it. There's a wonderful humor, a zaniness in using underpants to switch her bedside lamp on and off.  I don't want to give that up just yet.

Do you do anything zany that makes you laugh that you never would have considered pre-children?


post signature

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At November 16, 2010 at 8:43 AM , Blogger coolkids said...

That is hiliarious!!! Stop by my blog I have a cute etsy giveaway. fun2bkids.blogspot.com

 
At November 16, 2010 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Liz said...

the same exact sentiment in my post today! when did things like this become normal and accepted?!?!

Also, totally jealous of your hollywood premieres!

 
At November 16, 2010 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Cheryl said...

OMG - the diaper! Hysterical!!! Totally something I would do.

 
At November 16, 2010 at 7:27 PM , Blogger One Photo said...

Love the serving up with the diaper! Hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home