This Page

has been moved to new address

What's around the corner?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sugar Bowl Mix: What's around the corner?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What's around the corner?


A few days ago I walked up this fire trail, my favorite hike. When I reached this point I stopped and took a picture because the moment seemed worthy of  a digital capture. Even though I've walked this path so many times, I found myself wondering what I would encounter around the corner.

Would I find something dangerous? Scary? Beautiful? Unexpected? Comforting? Inspiring?

Just beyond the curve I discovered some shade under a walnut tree. A place to rest from the warm February sun.

I continued climbing, the insistent call of birds following me all the way up.

At the summit I paused to enjoy the view that stretches across green canyons, out to the valley floor before it stops at the mountains whose peaks reach up to open skies.

Then I started back down the trail.

I'm rounding a corner in my life right now and I'm looking forward to getting to the top so I can enjoy the glorious view.

Do you like to hike? What kind of thoughts does nature inspire for you?

post signature

This post is participating in Wordless Wednesday at 5 Minutes for Mom.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At February 15, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Genny said...

Anne,
You're right; our posts are similar! I love your photo. I feel like I'm rounding a bend in my life too, so I could really relate to this!
Genny :)

 
At February 16, 2011 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

I love the photo, good luck in your journey! Found your blog through the nest work, I look forward to reading more! Have a great day :)

 
At February 16, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Blogger blueviolet said...

It's like an oasis from life out there. I find nature restorative, but I certainly don't take enough time to enjoy it. I need to!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Mrs.Mayhem said...

I'm glad you are looking forward to what lies ahead. That feeling of anticipation is magical.

I'm rounding a corner in my life right now, as well, but it's one that I am dreading.

I like to hike because the quiet and the beautiful views help me to clarify my thoughts.

 
At February 16, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

That looks like a beautiful trail. I also love to hike. I can relate to your words. I feel like I'm about to round a corner in my life, too.

 
At February 16, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

I like in a flat river delta so the "hikes" are actually walks along the river. We do like to go out on the dykes though they don't provide places for great photos like that one.

 
At February 16, 2011 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

This picture is beautiful and I would have thought the same thing about capturing it on camera. I would also have thought about "what would be around the corner". I hope that you have happy happy things around the bend my friend! Have a great day!

Mama Hen

 
At February 16, 2011 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Liz said...

It's pretty flat here in Memphis. :) So no hills nor pretty landscape like what you have. You lucky girl!

 
At February 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM , OpenID thesedaysofmine.com said...

Hi, just found your blog on Mama's Little Chick. I look forward to reading more of your posts!
I really like this photo - I'm always drawn to pictures of paths, trail, etc. You just never know where they'll lead!

Dianna
www.thesedaysofmine.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home