This Page

has been moved to new address

What's around the corner?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Sugar Bowl Mix: What's around the corner?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What's around the corner?


A few days ago I walked up this fire trail, my favorite hike. When I reached this point I stopped and took a picture because the moment seemed worthy of  a digital capture. Even though I've walked this path so many times, I found myself wondering what I would encounter around the corner.

Would I find something dangerous? Scary? Beautiful? Unexpected? Comforting? Inspiring?

Just beyond the curve I discovered some shade under a walnut tree. A place to rest from the warm February sun.

I continued climbing, the insistent call of birds following me all the way up.

At the summit I paused to enjoy the view that stretches across green canyons, out to the valley floor before it stops at the mountains whose peaks reach up to open skies.

Then I started back down the trail.

I'm rounding a corner in my life right now and I'm looking forward to getting to the top so I can enjoy the glorious view.

Do you like to hike? What kind of thoughts does nature inspire for you?

post signature

This post is participating in Wordless Wednesday at 5 Minutes for Mom.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At February 15, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Genny said...

Anne,
You're right; our posts are similar! I love your photo. I feel like I'm rounding a bend in my life too, so I could really relate to this!
Genny :)

 
At February 16, 2011 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

I love the photo, good luck in your journey! Found your blog through the nest work, I look forward to reading more! Have a great day :)

 
At February 16, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Liz Mays said...

It's like an oasis from life out there. I find nature restorative, but I certainly don't take enough time to enjoy it. I need to!

 
At February 16, 2011 at 7:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are looking forward to what lies ahead. That feeling of anticipation is magical.

I'm rounding a corner in my life right now, as well, but it's one that I am dreading.

I like to hike because the quiet and the beautiful views help me to clarify my thoughts.

 
At February 16, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That looks like a beautiful trail. I also love to hike. I can relate to your words. I feel like I'm about to round a corner in my life, too.

 
At February 16, 2011 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

This picture is beautiful and I would have thought the same thing about capturing it on camera. I would also have thought about "what would be around the corner". I hope that you have happy happy things around the bend my friend! Have a great day!

Mama Hen

 
At February 16, 2011 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Liz said...

It's pretty flat here in Memphis. :) So no hills nor pretty landscape like what you have. You lucky girl!

 
At February 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your blog on Mama's Little Chick. I look forward to reading more of your posts!
I really like this photo - I'm always drawn to pictures of paths, trail, etc. You just never know where they'll lead!

Dianna
www.thesedaysofmine.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home